Sunday 10 March 2013

Musing on Comedians

I don't know about you but I just don't find most of the popular comedians funny. Especially male comedians. I don't find them offensive or anything like that, they just don't make me laugh. Some people have a really big obsession with comedians and go to see them at the theatre all the time. The prospect of doing that doesn't fill me with excitement I have to say. Everybody else seems to love them but I'm just not keen.
 However there are two female comedians/comediennes that I do think are very good and funny. Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican. I think its because instead of telling jokes and stuff, they talk about funny things that have happened in their lives. Silly accidents and that sort of thing. I am very accident prone myself and I have lots of stories from school and uni about funny  and silly things that have happened. So that's why I think I prefer this kind of comedian. Its strange that male comedians don't seem to do this as much but maybe they're just embarrased about their silly stories and don't want to share them!
Sarah Millican talks about the TV programmes she finds funny as does Harry Hill. I love watching TV too so I reckon that's why I like those too. They often have the same opinions of programmes that I watch that I have!
Anyone from I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue or Just a Minute is really funny as is Stephen Fry because he is so clever and likes learning random facts, like me!

But Michael Mcintyre, Lee Nelson, Russell Howard, Lee Evans, the list goes on. I just can't get excited about them. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment