Sunday 20 January 2013

The Bexhill to Hastings Link Road

Yep as promised here is my opinion on the infuriating Link Road. (Honestly aren't there more important things to worry about!)

Please bear in mind this is my own opinion, yours may be different but any rude comments will find themselves deleted. Constructive criticism is fine though.

Yes I am all for saving the environment and preserving a beautiful place like Combe Haven but sadly this road is now desperately needed due to the number of people coming to live in East Sussex. The current road is just permanently clogged with cars crawling along at a snails pace. I have often been stuck in traffic jams on that road for 15 minutes or more. Sadly it is just not fit for purpose anymore and we really do need another route. What happens if your a doctor at the Conquest for instance, stuck on that road and you're needed at the hospital to save someones life? With two possible routes between the two towns I feel things would be much easier.

Another thing that is getting on my nerves is that some of the protesters getting arrested aren't even from around here. They come from as far afield as Cardiff and Sheffield! Do they really honestly care about what is going on around here? It seems to me they are just 'anti-road' people. A point actually raised in this weeks Battle Observer. Any road being built anywhere in the country and some people just jump up and moan and protest!

My final point is that I'm sure the designers will try and keep the road looking nice with trees and shrubs and things. With the Lamberhurst bypass a couple of years back, they planted loads of trees at the road side. And in about 50 years I'm sure it'll look really nice along there. No one complains about the Lamberhurst bypass any more. I think the same will happen with this road. It will all quieten down after a few months of use.

All this protesting is making life very difficult for some people who live around the site. Just the minority making things difficult for the majority, as usual!

Not much snow here, maybe a centimetre.
See you next week, not sure what I'm going to write about yet.
Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment